Crock Pot Veggie and Chinese Chicken
Inspired by this recipe.
I love chinese food, and I love crock pots. The convenience of coming home from work at the end of the day and having dinner already cooked is priceless in my book. I came across this mysterious looking recipe amongst a list of a bunch of crock pot recipes. I didn’t really know what to expect from it, but I decided to give it a shot. Once I had gotten all of the ingredients into the crock pot, I began to question whether or not this was going to taste good, but it came out quite tasty. The chicken is very juicy and the whole thing is full of flavor. I would suggest serving it over rice.
- Chicken breast – (chopped)
- Cabbage – 2 cups chopped
- Red and green peppers – 1 each (chopped)
- White onion – 1 (chopped)
- Chinese peppercorn – 1 teaspoon (ground)
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce – 2 Tablespoons
- Salt – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Diced ginger – 1 Tablespoon
- Chicken soup stock – 2 cups
- Corn starch – 2 Tablespoons + 1/4cup water
Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker (but not the starch and water), and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. In the last 30 minutes mix the starch and water into the pot. Serve.