Chicken Parmesan Rollatini
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed San Marzano or fire-roasted tomatoes 5 or 6
- fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken, sliced into 6-8 thin slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzerella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Cook the broth, garlic, tomatoes and basil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper; place smooth-side down on a work surface. Sprinkle with the parsley and mozzarella. Starting at the short end, roll up to enclose the filling. Secure with a toothpick.
Mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Put the egg white in another dish and beat until foamy.
Mist a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg white, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in the skillet, seam-side down. Sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumbs and mist with cooking spray. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with the tomato sauce.