3 Bean Chili
Inspired by this recipe
Imagine coming home after a long day of work, and dinner is already hot and ready, with it’s aroma filling the house. This is the joy of the crock pot. I was recently given one as a housewarming gift, and I put it to good use with a chili recipe. There really was no doubt in my mind that chili would be the first thing I would make with it. This is a delicous and hearty 3 bean chili that I’m enjoying for days after making it.
- 1 lb ground turkey(you can sub ground chicken)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese to taste
Cook turkey and onion in a medium frying pan. Drain off fat when done, and put into crock pot. Add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the cheese and cook on high for 8 hours. Serve topped with shredded cheddar.